Friday, September 23, 2011

First Year Teacher

I guess I should start out all of this by saying I am a first year teacher.  I am fresh out of college and was lucky to get my dream job shortly after graduation.  I have an amazing class at an Exemplary school, and I love every minute of my job. 

I should also confess I am a pinterest addict, and many things I see on pinterest I get the urge to recreate and incorporate into my own classroom.  I come from a creative family, so I tend to have a flair for the dramatics at times, but my kiddos find it hysterical so that works fine for me.  My students yearn for days when the air conditioning turns on high so that I'll get out my Harry Potter Snuggie for reading time.

I started out college knowing I wanted to teach reading, but after graduation I was accepted to NASA's Pre-Service Teacher Institute at Johnson Space Center in Houston and I am officially a math and science nut.  I bribe my kids with NASA experiments and they do my bidding in hopes of an awesome science lesson.

All of this is new to me, but I knew I wanted to blog the happenings of my first year of teaching as something to look back on later, and if I happen to entertain you with my random ramblings of classroom anecdotes or provide a great arts and crafts idea, so be it.

Make it a great day or not, the choice is yours.

-Miss P

No comments:

Post a Comment